Peninsula Publishing, LLC, (PPLLC) the producer of the digital edition of Plastics Machinery Magazine and website www.plasticsmachinerymagazine.com (collectively called the "Digital Products"), has created this privacy statement to demonstrate our commitment to protect your privacy and disclose what information we collect and how we use it.
- In general, you may visit the Digital Products without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information.
- As you browse the Digital Products, the Digital Products collect log files, the IP address of your computer, and other standard tracking data used to evaluate usage patterns. Such information is aggregated with tracking data for all Digital Products visitors. We also use the aggregated information to evaluate products and services we may offer to you.
- Some portions of the Digital Products may require you to give us personally identifiable information such as your name, job title, company name, physical mailing address, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers (Personal Information) and, if applicable, financial information such as your credit card information (Financial Information), for subscriptions to our publications.
- If you elect to provide us Personal Information, we use it primarily to deliver the service you requested. Other uses of Personal Information are described elsewhere in this Policy.
- If you submit Financial Information, we use that information primarily to collect payments for your purchases, orders, registrations etc.
- PPLLC uses a third party to process credit card transactions and does not store financial information, such as credit card information, on its website. We do retain the last four digits of the credit card number solely for customer service purposes.
Unless you opt-out, we may provide access to your Personal Information to PPLLC's affiliates, partners, or third parties licensed to access your Personal Information. To opt-out, send us an email to email@example.com.
Some companies unaffiliated with PPLLC provide email deployment services for our email messages. The personally identifiable information, such as e-mail address, we provide to these vendors for the purposes of e-mail deployment and is only used by them for that purpose and not for any other business activity.
In order to comply with the Federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, we also may provide lists of customers who opt-out of email promotions for PPLLC products to other companies, so they can be suppressed from mailings those companies send on PPLLC's behalf. In addition, if you unsubscribe from a mailing we send to our own list on behalf of a third party, your removal instruction may also be supplied to the third party and added to their own suppression file. If you continue receiving email after opting out, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We sometimes provide aggregated usage or tracking information collected from the Digital Products to third parties. No individual information is disclosed.
Information on Children
As a business-to-business company, we do not knowingly collect information from individuals under the age of 18. On-line registration and Digital Products usage is restricted to adults who are professionally engaged in the industry we serve.
Update Your Print Subscription Information
You can correct or change your print subscription information by sending an email to email@example.com. Please allow 2-4 weeks for changes to take effect.
As a PPLLC customer you may occasionally receive relevant email and postal offers for PPLLC publications, our Digital Products, or other services to be developed in the future. If you would prefer not to receive such mailings, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A "cookie" is a bit of data sent by a website through the browser to the computer of the user visiting the site, and enables the site to return the results the browser expects. PPLLC uses temporary, session-specific cookies to ensure visits to its website are smooth and customized for the visitor. Such cookies allow us to provide a visitor's browser with information tailored to the visitor's preferences and needs. PPLLC also uses permanent or persistent cookies that remain on a visitor's computer after the visitor leaves a PPLLC website.
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie acceptance option in the browser's settings. However, disabling the cookie support function of the browser may prevent our website from functioning properly and you may not be able to fully utilize all of the site's features and information.
Security and Encryption
PPLLC takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect your information. When appropriate, we use SSL encryption technology on our Digital Products and a secure server to encrypt information transmitted between your browser and our server. As a result, data you submit such as credit card and payment information is transmitted using commercially reasonable security over the Internet.
Notification of Changes
Your Acceptance of these Terms
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registration, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by PPLLC or when you report a problem with the site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- PPLLC may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access.
- Any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to the Site (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the Site throughout the world).
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. These are data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and do not identify any individual.
For the same reason we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and deliver a better and more personalized service. Cookies and the information contained in your IP address enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences and allow us to customize the Site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognize you when you return to the Site.
Storage and retention of your information
We will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that we use and security policies we have implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorized access and improper use.
Transfer of Personal Data Outside of the EU
Risks Involved in Transmitting Personal Data Over the Internet
We follow appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information so as to prevent unauthorized access by third parties. We also require those parties to whom we transfer personal information to comply with the same. However, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. So, whilst PPLLC will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure the security of data transmitted by you to the Site. Any transmission is at your own risk and you acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible for any unauthorized use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility by the Act. Once we have received your information, we will use security procedures and features to prevent unauthorized access to it.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- ensure that the Site's content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- respond to any enquiry you make;
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service where you choose to do so;
- notify you about changes to our service.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we offer to sell any assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the potential purchaser of such assets;
- if substantially all of PPLLC's assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be transferred to such third party;
- if we are required to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or any other agreement; or protect the rights, property, or safety of PPLLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for protection against credit risk and fraud.
Subject to your consent we may also use your data or permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services of those third parties which may be of interest to you.
We do not disclose individual information to our advertisers without your consent, but we may provide third parties with aggregated information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We would comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience using the personal data we have collected from you and from others.
You have the right to request us not to disclose any of your personal data or information or to pass information to third parties. We will usually inform you before collecting your data if we intend to disclose your information to any third party and you can exercise that right by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also notify us by contacting us at email@example.com
Access to information